Wednesday, September 10, 2008

We Have our Travel Announcement!!!!

What a wonderful day!!! Around 5PM today, we received the call that we finally have our travel dates. We are expected in China on 10/17, Gotcha Day will be a few days later (10/22?), final paper work on 10/31 and travel home on 11/01, which is her 2nd birthday. We are so excited.

I have to tell you that I had a very bad weekend. I was just so over the waiting and was mad at God, Brian and anyone else who crossed my path those few days. I was just no fun to be around. Finally on Sunday evening, I started to calm down and actually began to hear God speak. He reminded me of our verse Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. He has had a plan all along and I have to learn to not just believe that only in the good days, but also during the difficult days. I started to have a peace come over me and have been in a much better mood since then. Today, when we got the call, I was thrilled to be hearing those travel dates; but was more excited to realize that God does hear our smallest request. Since our referral, my prayer was to have her home for her birthday. Well, God answered but all the while reminding us that He is in control, because we arrive home "ON" her birthday. I cannot wait to get off that plane and have her big brothers, grandparents, family and friends wish her a welcome home and a happy birthday. What a joyous day that will be. God is good!!!

Love to you all!!!

1 comment:

. said...

Congratulations! How exciting!